What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
We may collect information about you to respond to any queries you may have. We will not email you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
The type of information we may collect includes:
- your name
- email address
- IP address
We will never collect information about you without your explicit consent and will only use this personal information for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Sharing Information with Others
We do not share your personal information to third-party sources except in certain circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share the information, such as:
- Elect to share your personal information with third party partners and providers listed in our Store;
- Choose to share your personal information with third parties or their sites or platforms, such as when you share one of our blog posts to your social media feed;
- Publish information publicly on our Website or in the Store. Any such personal information shared by you will be available to others who may collect or use it;
- Use third-party features on our Site or the Store, such as commenting features run by third-parties
- When we cooperate with other companies, such as our partners, to offer joint products and services to you in connection with SPPR Consultants services;
- When our service providers are providing services on our behalf. For example, we may use an outside platform to host portions of our Sites or to provide certain features on the Store, or we may use a credit card processing company to bill you for services and products you purchase. Unless otherwise expressly noted, when acting as SPPR Consultant’s agents, these service providers are prohibited from using the personal information we have shared with them for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law;
- In connection with a sale, divesture, or transfer of our company (including any shares in the company) or any combination of its products, services, assets, affiliates, and/or businesses. Your personal information (such as customer name and email address) may be among the items sold or otherwise acquired in these types of transactions. We may sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also share anonymous information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URL’s, platform types, number of clicks, etc) for other business purposes. For instance, we may share aggregate reports with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for our Website or those of our partners.
How we protect your data
SPPR Consultants is concerned about the security of your data. We have implemented technical and organizational security measures that are designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time-to-time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot ensure, and do not warrant or guarantee, that the information you transmit to SPPR Consultants will remain secure, nor do we guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, destroyed or used in an unauthorized manner.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on the Website or our Store if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive a notice of a security breach in writing. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please Contact Us through the button on our Website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Third Party Sites, Services and Applications
- Partner Pages. Some of our partner pages may have the look and feel of being on our Website; however some information collected on those pages may be collected by, or sent to, our partners. Information collected by, or sent to, our partners is subject to their respective privacy policies.
Our contact information
SPPR Consultants, P.O. Box 30422, Santa Barbara, CA 93130-0422